Sunday, August 16, 2015

Dear Bunny - Happy 8 Months!

Don't feel as though I haven't been writing you every month. I have...I just haven't had time to publish them. And some are just overly sappy so I might just keep them for you and me some day. 

Oh how I love you. I know every mom is proud of their baby and they think that s/he is the most special thing in the world. The way I feel about you is no exception. I've never been around such an intelligent, beautiful, and strong willed baby in my life. I'm constantly amazed at how analytical and headstrong you are. You rest at nothing to figure new tricks/activities out. It's awe-inspiring. I can't believe I get to spend every day with you and watch all of these happy little milestones. 

You are so mobile now. It won't be long before you are walking. You took yourself over to the stairs for the sunken living room and on your first try, got right up those two stairs like they were nothing. You pull yourself on anything. Standing and walking down the hallway stomping like a baby elephant while only barely holding our fingers is your favorite. When you smile I see these little two teeth in that wonderful smile of yours and I melt.

I miss you so incredibly much in mommy and daddy's bedroom. I cried myself to sleep that first night of you alone in your crib. Every day since you were born, I have slept right next to you. Looking over at the empty rock n play without you in it was such a depressing sight. You took to your bed right away so I know it was the right move. I love when you get your diaper changed in the morning before daddy leaves for work and he brings you to me in bed and I get to have a cuddle session with you for a bit. That's the best part of my day - just you and me snuggling. 

In the next few weeks it will be incredibly busy and stressful. We are moving you closer to mommy and daddy's home. Closer to all your family. It will make things so much easier on all of us to be close to your grandparents. Daddy is getting to go work at his dream job and that means we get to give you even more of everything you deserve. 

I simply will never be able to tell you how much I love you baby girl. You are my everything. 

Forever and always. 

I love you with every breath I take, with every smile I make, and every tear that falls. 
Love, 
Mommy

No comments: